Clever idea!

Jo Ann

Reply to
hillacc at yahoo.com

Give them to a gardener, for saving seeds collected from plants. If we try and buy empty containers at the pharmacy, we get questioned like we were planning an attack on the White House.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If you're having trouble GETTING pill bottles, try american science and surplus (sciplus.com)

Reply to
Goedjn

I don't need them that often. Ya know - late October and I find some seeds on a few plants and I need like 4 containers.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I used to hang around the grocery store waiting for a woman to buy baby food. Then I'd follow her home with a view toward collecting the empty baby food jars.

After being jailed three times, I abandoned that plan.

Reply to
HeyBub

Speaking of jail- if you recycle scrip pill bottles, especially to someone else, be sure to soak the labels off, or at least obliterate them with a permanent marker, along with washing the container with soap. If you are carrying a controlled-substance scrip bottle, even an empty one, and you happen to piss off a cop, such things are used to come up with probable cause to hold you and/or search your abode. Stupid, I know, but that is the world we live in now. I'd recommend 35mm film canisters, instead. Most places that take incoming film in person will give them away for the asking. I have gallons of them in a box somewhere here, from back when I still used film on a regular basis.

aem sends...

Reply to
<aemeijers

I used to use tube boxes to hold the screws I took out of tv, until it was reassembled. I still do when I remember, but your bottles might work for that too. Still, if you needed something like that, you would notice without me.

I have 4 big boxes of empty bottles and other containers. It&#39;s getting ridiculous.

But it is great to have just what I need when I need something.

2 examples: I took the toner out of a printer I was throwing away, and the cartridge replacment instructions for laser printers say "no sunlight. Only modest electric light." But I have dark brown plastic containers from Hershey&#39;s cocoa, with dark brown plastic lids. The perfect container.

Painted my car and got 5 oz. spare paint. Had the almost perfect glass bottle from some specialy popcorn, plus a plastic bottle from Carnation Malted Milk to put the glass bottle in (with foam rubber padding) so I won&#39;t break it in the next few years.

I have a working laser printer for which another toner cartridge would cost 135 dollars!. I&#39;m hoping I can find toner in a broken printer that looks like the toner this one uses. I have another working laser printer except the fuser (a heating bar) is broken. Hoping to find a fuser in some other printer, or a surplus store. And I&#39;m back to using the BJ-200 that I bought more than 10 years ago** , along with a BJC-2000 for the rare times I want to print color.

**works fine, although I had to replace the little black 0-ring that moves the paper out.
Reply to
mm

you probly need the large spice conrtainers for: jig saw bits extra screw driver bits broken drill bits drill bits that need sharpening masonary drill bits

and a small (pill) bottle for: extra 1/16" drill bits, the only ones not in the main can of extras

and a really big one for: hex keys

Reply to
bent

Reply to