Pictures of my workshop

These sort of posts seem indicative of group readership. I posted the link in rec.woodworking and got 3100 views in 4 days. I'm curious about how much interest there is. I know I'm always interested in how the other guy lives and never turn down an opportunity to look at pictures of other guys, and gals, shops. I've been on usenet a dozen years and never did this before. Never had a camera for most of them..:) My shop ain't much but it was the best I could do with the property space I had. I have bad knees and a very bad back and built it completely alone. The ten foot wall were a bitch but stick framing the 5/12 pitch roof almost killed me. Not kidding..:) Take a look if you are interested.

David

Nice little shop :-)

That'll be a good place to wait out the melting of all that white stuff !!

"WhiteOak"

Reply to
whiteoak

Thanks.

Yep it's warm and cozy. Lots of windows and lots of insulation. I like to sit at my bench and soak up the sun in the afternoon.

Reply to
David

Darn. You sit home and look out your window at what I spend 30 hours driving time to get to once every 4 years.

Reply to
DK

Hehe. I'd kill to be on a warm beach right now. I don't get to one of those more than once every 6 years... I like the snow but not in my driveway...:)

Reply to
David

have you considered photography, nice outdoor pictures:)

Reply to
anthony

LOL! I just point the thing and press the button. I think the snow makes the picture, beautiful stuff, but it was much brighter outside than my photos indicate.

Reply to
David

David,

Thanks for posting. I'm currently doing my garage/workshop and am interested in the lumber shelving in Picture 2.

What have you used for supports, and how deep are they?

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
G Mulcaster

I'm using these Gary. They are very strong.

I love them and have them everywhere. I put a 1/2 inch thick 1 1/2 inch wide backing strip behind the standards against the drywall and use long screws.

Lee Valley great dedicated lumber storage systems. This one is better than mine.

David

Excellent! Just what I need. There is a Lee Valley outlet in Vancouver to be visited in the near future :)

Regards, Gary

Reply to
G Mulcaster