patio tile

A couple of weeks ago, I started a post whose Subject: is Patio Tile

A responder said that the proposed tiles would become a maintenance nightmare so I sent this e-mail to: snipped-for-privacy@handydeck.com.com

"You claim that the 'Interlocking Base' '=85not only allows water to drain freely under the tiles=85and also allows good air circulation, helping to prevent mold or mildew in damp and dark locations'.

My e-mail asked: "What prevents water and debris (dirt, mud, etc) from collecting between the tiles and the underlying surface (like a concrete slab)?"

=3D=3D=3D=3D

Their response was:

"Indeed there is nothing to stop dirt etc. from collecting underneath the tiles but generally this wouldn't build up sufficiently so that it reached the 5/8" height of the plastic base. If you do feel the need to clean underneath the tiles, they can be lifted as required and the surface below them cleaned with e.g. a pressure washer".

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Can anyone suggest an alternative product?

Reply to
gcotterl