Patio pavers

I was thinking about putting in a patio with patio pavers. I was going to take the easy way out and make the patio square so I didn't have to make any cuts. But then I was walking around Home Depot and they had a circular saw blade that was crimped around the edge that said it was for cutting block for about 15 bucks. Wet or Dry. They had another for about 30 bucks that was diamond tipped. Do they work? I was also think that I could cut them only about 1/4 inch deep then hit it with a 4 inch chisel. Let me know if there is a low cost easier way.

Reply to
dave

the easy way is to rent a wet tile saw for a day. cutting these dry will cause you to hack up dust for weeks.

Reply to
Charlie Spitzer

not an option, i need it for more than a day, 100 bucks a day plus cost of blade

Reply to
dave

you only need it to do the cutting. do everything else and save all the cuts for the one day. if you really have a lot, you can buy a cheap one for about $100 at harborfreight or home depot.

Reply to
Charlie Spitzer

If they are the pavers that are red brick and only about 1-1/2" thick, just use your chisel. I laid an entire patio in one day with them (22' x 15') - cut them with a chisel and never had to replace a single one due to a bad cut. If in doubt, go to HD and buy just one paver (tell them you just need a sample and they'll probably give it to you. Take it home and try it. It's very easy.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

I've used this blade for a sidewalk and two patios so far, and I'm about to order the pavers for my second sidewalk this afternoon. And the granite place said it will cut my 2" granite edging, too.

The blades work fine, they are a good compromise between the abrisive blades that are useless for more than a half dozen bricks, and the $100+ full diamond blades that pros need.

They won't last forever, or work 40 hours a week, but they will handle a patio or two quite easily.

Reply to
Andrew Duane USG

$100 a day for rental of a tub saw??? That's outrageous. You can rent my Lincoln Navigator for that kind of money. Shop.. Check this out:

AnnG