Patio mister info

Has any one had any experience installing one of these misting systems using ridged PVC?

I have a 30 X 12 ft covered patio/porch that is attached to the house along one 30 ft side. I want to install the mister along the three exposed sides and space the nozzles about every 3 feet. I would like to know is the 3 ft spacing of the nozzles sufficient and should they be pointed straight down, inward or outward. RM ~

Reply to
Rob Mills

Spacing is what it is. There will be times when it is more than enough and some times when it is not. Point the nozzles down.

Bro put one on his patio, by the end of the first summer the calcium stains were everywhere on the ceiling fan, walls and the beams of his patio. He only ran it when he was outside and needed the extra cooling. If your home is a dark color you could be surprised at the end of the season.

Filter the water before it goes into the misters. It will help some. Depending on the amount of water you run though the system change the filter frequently. End of this summer we get to paint the back end of Bro's home.

Reply to
SQLit

Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't even thought about a problem with calcium other than with the nozzles so I went to Home Depot to day and found that they were closing out their misting supplies and had the filters being closed out at $6.00 (was $20) so I bought the only two they had left, each kit had a filter, a bottle of nozzle cleaner and a valve that drains the system when the water is turned off. We don't have a lot of trouble here with calcium build up on faucets and etc but to be on the safe side I'll run the pvc line back to the house but won't install any nozzles any closer than 4 ft until I see if I really need them. Thanks again, when you purchase these items separately you don't get any instructions and the manufactures web site doesn't even offer a clue as to how things should be installed. Rob Mills ~

Reply to
Rob Mills