Paint Question

We have enclosed pool and porch with aluminum post and we have aluminum frames on our windows. A few years ago I bought some paint at Home Depot...it was thin, oil based (I think) for touching up scratched and chipped aluminum. I got the "anondized" color...and it worked on both the pool enclosure and to touch up window frames where caulking had gotten on it or where it had chipped. It looked fine.

Now I cannot find that kind of paint at HD or Ace. I haven't been to Lowes yet but suspect I won't find it there. I wonder why? What do people use now? There is Rustoleum - but what color do I buy? Will it stay on? Have choice of Flat Black or Glossy Black...it might do for window frames but not for pool enclosure.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Surely the people who install these things need to touch up sometimes. Where do they buy it.

Thanks.

Reply to
Dorot29701

Try a glass shop for a spray can of bronze paint. "CR Laurence" or "Sommer & Maca" would be the most likely supplier. I don't think they will sell to individuals and even if they do you would probably have to buy in bulk.

Reply to
Ron

I don't want spray can. I want kind I can brush on. This is for window frames....would never get it to spray where I want it. Thanks anyway.

Reply to
Dorot29701

Good luck. I've never seen it come any other way.

Can't you mask off the window(s)?

Or you could just spray some in a small plastic container and then use a small brush to touch up the window(s) if it's just scratches you want to touch up.

Reply to
Ron

BTW, If you go to a glass shop you can at least get a spray can of it for the pool enclosure.

Reply to
Ron

Our local aluminum supplier that makes and sells gutter coil, siding, windows, doors, etc. carries it for touchup. They sell it to us so we can hide scratches after installation. You can buy it in a spray can or fingernail polish types container.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41