Paint Edging

I've tried those paint edging products. I prefer just buying a good Purdy brush and making my own edges.

Reply to
Mikepier

Hi:

I'm looking for a paint edging product.

So far I've come across two products that I found on the web:

  1. SHUR-LINE Paint Edger - Has 2 tiny wheels that guide along the trim/baseboard to ensure a straight line.
  2. WONDER ROLLER EDGER EASY PAINTER/PAINT ROLLER - Roller has a metal shield that blocks the roller from touching the trim/baseboard.

I want to use this for painting the drywalls in rooms.

Any recommendations?

Amit.

Reply to
Amit Joneja

A good quality masking tape is the method I use.

Reply to
SQLit

The trick with any of these is to not put too much paint on them and to keep the wheels dry. Some have wheels and some have tapered pads..... depends on what you are trying to paint next too.

Reply to
Art

I have used the Shur-Line paint edger and it works pretty well. I have never seen the second item but sure would love to know how well it works.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorothy Roper

My favorite is a sash/trim brush that is cut on a slant. I can get professional results, although I take my time.

Reply to
Phisherman

The Paint Edger with the 2 tiny wheels works well and eliminates masking tape, but you generally have to coat the edges twice with this device since the first coat is not thick enough. I found the thing works best if you dip a regular brush into the paint can, and then paint the pad with a good amount of paint, then apply the pad to the wall. If you dip the pad into a paint tray directly you end up with a mess quickly.

The "Wonder Roller" "as seen on TV" is junk - I got suckered into that. The problem is paint ends up wicking under and onto the other side of the "shield" and you end up with messy trim, thus defeating the purpose. You spend more time wiping clean the shield after every application -- it's not worth it.

The others are correct, learning good, patient, technique with a brush is the best bet and saves time in the long run.

-- Paul

Reply to
Paul

One thing that works well are the pieces of aluminum that look like they came from an old fashion Venetian blind. BUt you have to keep them clean.

Reply to
Art