Overhead Door "Phantom" Drives any good?

Need to replace my garage door opener, and have read about the quietness of the "Phantom" brand drives by Overhead Door Company. Anyone have any comments or experience with these?

Reply to
DesignGuy

Be sure to check out wayne Dalton IDrives availiable at Lowes or Home Depot and wayne dalton stores. We had one put in to my parents place 3 years ago and will use in my house next time around. Truely unique. They go above garage door and not on ceiling. Very fast.

Reply to
Art

And have a VERY small motor which will die in the winter and has an extremely short range. You almost have to be in teh door before it will actually open. I replaced it in less than a year. Even the factory reps do not use this opener!

Reply to
Mike Dobony

My parent's unit is on a double wide door and working perfectly after over 3 years. And sensitivity is excellent from the original clicker and various units built into several cars.

Reply to
Art

I have had Genie Screw Drives for years and years. I've got one that's 30 years old and still works on a double one piece door. The most recent one I bought is called a Genie "Excelerator" or something like that. It uses a DC motor and opens at twice the usual garage door opener speed, closes at normal speed.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher