I have mold growing on sandstone rocks that form a wall beside my
house. The mold is green in color. Since this rock wall is beside my
house, should I be worried about the mold entering my house or
discoloring the brick exterior of the dwelling?
No. Mold has existed since the beginning of time and became a concern only
in the last few years, and mainly in the US where they needed something new
to worry about. Black mold indoors is the potential problem, with emphasis
on the word potential.
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 05:08:47 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"
Aside from the fact that what he has isn't mold :> the best thing he
can do to feel safe from mold in the house is keep everything dry.
Low levels of mold and spores, even the toxic ones are all around,
inside and outside, all the time. So are some toxic bacteria spores
(such as the botulism bacteria).
Mold only proliferates and produce toxins when conditions are
favorable (water/humidity, food, temperature, pH, and sometimes, lack
of UV from sunlight). That is why the type of materials involved are
important as well as the presence of water and dampness. Keep the
house (walls, carpets, wood, floors, bathroom, behind the wallpaper,
Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!
sue at interport dot net
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.