OT: What "R" value for shop/garage in Augusta, GA region?

Moved to Georgia recently and want to put up a woodworking hobbiest shop. Builder of metal clad buildings, my words as don't know the real name, says "standard insulation" in this area is R10. Told him that Sears also has "standards" and am wondering what the "real" value is optimially if there is one. Comments solicited.

Reply to
nospambob

Not sure what your question is but here is a resource:

I'm guessing the builder said R10 since that is what will fit between the exterior and interior walls. You could probably up it with some fancy polyuerthane sprayed in stuff but it may not be worth it.

Reply to
RayV

There is the law of diminishing returns. R-10 may be very practical in your region, at least R-19 up here.

Consider the use also. Will you be heating all the time or just once in a while?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski