OT What is this? #

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 11:21:33 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:

I'd like to know how far away is the house that belongs to the mailbox in t hat picture.
That looks like some wide open country.

.

On 03/13/2016 09:32 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I'm guessing the other side of the road. It is fairly open although the valley is bounded by mountains.
On 03/13/2016 10:21 PM, rbowman wrote:
[snip]

I never understood the "dirty word" mentality. You can call something a "dungheap" or a "pile of manure" (of even 'Ralph' if you wanted to). It's still the same thing as the "stinking heap of SHIT" it was before.
[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 3/14/2016 6:26 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

It's a matter of breeding and society. For example the Queen of England (about year 1850) does not step out of her royal carraiage, and barn stamp a pile of horse shit.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 3/14/2016 3:26 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

Controlling language is a way of controlling thought.
On 3/14/2016 11:10 PM, Don Y wrote:

Language is only one means amongst many used to communicate. It's impossible to control the thought's of anyone. What is possible is to attempt to control how people express their thoughts.
--
Maggie

On 3/15/2016 12:23 AM, Muggles wrote:

And how do you control how people express their thoughts?