OT: What happens after car is stolen?

Sounds like the usual rip off. In the late 60's a friend had a 56 Chevy stolen in North Carolina where he lived. About 5 months later it turns up in South Carolina. It still had the origional tag on it and had been in storage for several months. Cost him a bunch of money for storage to get it back.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Cop called, got me out of bed Mon. 11-23-09 1:30 AM. I took a cab to a shotgun 'hood where they were "processing" the car. Driver was charged with "Tampering ...".

Missing/Stolen: Gar. door opener front license frame spare/jack/lug celly phony $30 cash meds jumper cables

Damaged: Plastic seat control frame contents tossed, some in car, some in trunk

They even pulled the seat covers off the front seats (I dunno why).

I thanked the cop that had the Stanley gar. door opener, thanked the other cop whose brother needed a front license frame, and drove home.

Take me weeks to replace stuff, get car back to "normal" (if thats possible). But I was -lucky-: they coulda burned it, drove it into the river, give it to a relative in another town, etc etc.

Thx, Will

Reply to
Wilfred Xavier Pickles

Thanks for the update.

In my area (Las Vegas) auto thief has gone down a bit.

Them new "bait cars" an all :-/

Reply to
Oren