OT What does a Tomohawk missile cost?

Inflation is good for government. It's the only tax on wealth. Democrats love it.

Reply to
krw

Would you turn down $1,000,000?

Reply to
krw

Harry-

You're way too smart for me. You're the expert.

By reducing cost, over time we actually drove down our total revenues and the overall cost to the govt.

Over the life of the system..... the govt realized many times more $'s in system savings than we realized in profits.

It was a win for us but it was a WIN for the govt.

We made $2M in "extra" profit, the govt saved $20M in reduced costs......seems more than fair to me.

And we paid taxes on the $2M to boot.

Thank you great-great-great grandpa Price for leaving England and coming to America.

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

I've been working in one of their more rural annexes (a converted 1920s fat farm) here in Baja Ontario for about 30 years now, so I take your point. I have to stop and think when I am talking to real-world people, and translate back to English.

Reply to
aemeijers

Correction: clueless narcoleptic Brit.

Reply to
krw

Wrong, but don't let facts get in the way of your rant. Leftists never do.

Reply to
krw

Interestingly, there are only two countries that tax income of their citizens when the income was earned abroad. The U.S. and The Philippines.

Reply to
HeyBub

The only time acronyms are actually worse than English is the Navy. Their acronyms go on and on and on.

ADCOMSUBORDCOMPHIBSPAC, which means "Administrative Command, Amphibious Forces, Pacific Fleet Subordinate Command."

Or COMNAVSEACOMBATSYSENGSTA, which stands for "Commander, Naval Sea Systems Combat Engineering Station"

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

< My, you are ignorant .Even for a Yank.

China knows where all the big carrier groups are. They often shadow them with their submarines and there have been several incidents with a Chinese subs shadowing US Navy vessels without our even knowing they were there!

<

aka:

"American military chiefs have been left dumbstruck by an undetected Chinese submarine popping up at the heart of a recent Pacific exercise and close to the vast U.S.S. Kitty Hawk - a 1,000ft supercarrier with 4,500 personnel on board. By the time it surfaced the 160ft Song Class diesel-electric attack submarine is understood to have sailed within viable range for launching torpedoes or missiles at the carrier . . . Analysts believe Beijing was sending a message to America and the West demonstrating its rapidly-growing military capability to threaten foreign powers which try to interfere in its "backyard". The People's Liberation Army Navy's submarine fleet includes at least two nuclear-missile launching vessels. Its 13 Song Class submarines are extremely quiet and difficult to detect when running on electric motors."

Of course, heads rolled in the USN over that embarrassment but the truth is things have gotten worse, not better, now that they have killer high-speed torpedoes that can stacked in underwater mine launchers and fired by remote control. The Chinese have realized that neutralizing a carrier group means they get a tremendous tactical and morale advantage because they don't depend on carriers or need to with their airbases within striking range of Taiwan. The Russkies knew that too. They developed the Shkval to counter US nuclear submarines with ballistic missiles, which they considered as the greatest threat to their security.

Underestimating an enemy is perhaps the most common and deadly mistake US military and political leaders make. A friend at the Pentagon assures me the Chinese know where our Pacific fleet is at any time of the night or day. Carrier groups are easy to find because they're abuzz with radio traffic. Simple triangulation with ground-based listening stations reveals their position unless they're operating under radio silence. If that Song Class boat had a compliment of Shkval's on board, the Kitty Hawk might be history in a shooting situation.

We're not as good as we think we are and they are not as bad as we think they are. They're getting better every day. The Chinese fielded a stealth aircraft YEARS before the top brass of the Dod's timetable said they should. Same for their satellite killing missiles. That should set the warning bells ringing like mad, but instead, the top brass says "Well, they have to tools, but they're not seasoned like we are." Blind, deaf and dumb!

My AF buddy goes to briefings with the Chinese and they've made no secret of how they would take and hold Taiwan when the time comes. It's their number one "thing" and much of their military buildup is done with that goal in mind. They've always felt the US wrongly interfered and have never forgotten. If they can put enough soldiers on the island before we can react, there's no way we can dislodge them without killing thousands of Taiwanese or more.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Sort of an odd followup - I was searching for the words "Arrister" and "AWN" that I had written on a scrap of paper I found in the pocket of a rarely used coat. Google returned all sorts of "Barrister" and "Lawn" hits without, as it often does, asking if I wanted to use my (often) misspelled search term with the word I really meant. I don't remember Google doing this. Even " Arrister" brings up more barristers than you can shake a stick at. Only " Arrister" -barrister beats it into submission! Hmmmmm . . .

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green