OT Tire valve caps

With a 500 tread wear rating, they get lots of miles. Better than average.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Anyone catch on besides Claire?

Reply to
Tekkie®

19% oxygen, 1% argon. Some dihydrogen monoxide, more in the summer.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Make that ROAD FORCE balancing! :)

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Our car buying days are over. At 75, we have

I'd heard years ago, that seasoned citizens are safer than youth. I believe that. I've seen more youth driving unsafely. I'd fit youth with car cameras, and have their driving reviewed by video camera on regular basis.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Next time you're getting read to take it to the shop, take the valve caps off, pour some kind of cheap perfume on the valve and then put the cap on tight.

Reply to
Guv Bob

?? I've never heard this one before. What does it do? I assume it causes something funny to happen.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

caps off, pour some kind of cheap perfume on the valve and then put the cap on tight.

causes something funny to happen.

Somebody pulled that on me once - told me the best way to pressurize your tires was to first let some air out. Gave me the nice aroma of Taboo. Remember that one? Just the thought of Taboo gives me a headache.

Reply to
Guv Bob

You don't put the cap on dry, do you? Horrors. I never use an unlubricated fastner.

Teflon tape is just as good as antiseize compound for most applications and a lot less messy.

Reply to
TimR

TimR posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

For a plastic valve cap; even a metal one?

Reply to
Tekkie®