OT Tire slow leak

On 3/11/2014 1:00 PM, KenK wrote:

I had one that was even slower. I really couldn't tell if it was leaking for a long time. As they were new tires, I took it to the tire store. They found a bead leak. He said it was common with aluminum wheels. They clean the wheel edge and put on some bead sealer. Charged be $5 and asked if that was too much!
On 11 Mar 2014 17:00:28 GMT in alt.home.repair, KenK

Green Slime worked for me.
On Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:00:28 PM UTC-5, KenK wrote:

Sure they will find it.

For a "fine-wire" puncture I would put a patch on the inside and possibly shoot some glue in th hole with a syinge . Not likely with a standard office staple though.. Just don't want water getting into the steel belts.

Putting in a plug requires opening up a larger hole, which can compromise the carcass cords. In the case of a small staple, I would patch and not plug, if possible. For a larger nail. I would plug, or use an internal plug-patch combination (one piece "umberella" patch)

Compression tester cores have more accurate/calibrated spring tensions - otherwise all "scraeder" type valves are basically interchangeable.