OT Tire slow leak

I've never used the "string" thing. Is the string covered with some soft or sticky substance or is that what the "glue" you carry is for?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Some of the tire plugging kits, like Walmart carries, the inserts are kind of like pine tree branch, but black tar. Doesn't look like something I'd invite to dinner, but they do seem to plug tread holes.

Other plugging kits use round rubber, which needs the (separate) tube of rubber cement.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The kits I have came with a tube of cement. If nothing else, the cement acts as a lubricant as you push the string in.

Reply to
rbowman

For a "fine-wire" puncture I would put a patch on the inside and possibly shoot some glue in th hole with a syinge . Not likely with a standard office staple though.. Just don't want water getting into the steel belts.

Reply to
clare

Putting in a plug requires opening up a larger hole, which can compromise the carcass cords. In the case of a small staple, I would patch and not plug, if possible. For a larger nail. I would plug, or use an internal plug-patch combination (one piece "umberella" patch)

Reply to
clare

Compression tester cores have more accurate/calibrated spring tensions - otherwise all "scraeder" type valves are basically interchangeable.

Reply to
clare