OT The NRA and LaPierrre

That is always an interesting question. Hinkley didn't spend his life in prison and he shot a president. It is hard to justify putting someone in prison for life for being a drunk, particularly if he never hurt anyone. Maybe Biden's new car that stops drunk drivers (slipped into the infrastructure bill) will detect this guy behind the wheel and not start. Will he have to be "chipped"? ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

I guess you could say Hinkley had been punished and was no longer a treat to society.

Neighbor's son was a continuing threat as he continued to drive although prohibited. It was cat and mouse with him and the police. They often came looking for him and could not catch him.

Reminds me that this guy lived up the hill cater corner from me and once parked his mother's car in front of the house and it drifted into a large bush at the corner of my property. If not for the bush it might have ended up in my living room. I called that bush the "Sloman Shield."

Reply to
invalid unparseable

The last three or four times the cases were settled out of court or vacated before I have to appear. I'm hoping my luck holds.

They sent me a questionnaire at one point that I answered truthfully. That held them off for about 20 years. I did not explicitly use the word nullification but the overall impression was there.

Reply to
rbowman