(OT) The Christmas Music Overload has Ended

Ever since Thanksgiving, we have been bombarded with an overload of Christmas Music, on darn near every radio station.

Dont get me wrong, I like much of it, but TOO MUCH is TOO MUCH.... (Especially for a full month).

When the calendar went from Dec. 25, to Dec. 26 at midnight, all of a sudden there is no Christmas music at all.... It's like someone flips a switch at midnight and all the Christmas music is completely gone for the next 11 months.

Why cant they begin playing it about 10 days before the holiday, and increase it as the days get closer, then after Christmas has ended, taper it down over a few days. After all, it's still the Christmas or the Holiday "season". It's almost like the moment the day ends, it's OVER entirely....

Sometimes I think it's just played to get people into stores to shop, and now that it's over, and no one is going to shop anymore, (for Christmas), lets not play the music at all anymore.

At least they could play it for a few more days while everyone is returning half their gifts, to keep people in the spirit of the holiday....

Reply to
Paintedcow

We have two radio stations who play it 24/7. One station begins the 1st of November and the other begins the 1st of December. Other stations play it in the mix of their regular playlist. The station which begins in November once started in December, but started in Nov when listeners said they wanted more. I bet some regret that now.

I avoid those two stations who play it continuously until about a week or so before Christmas. The Nov. beginning station is simply annoying because it's far too early and I actually like the normal genre they play during the off season.

Good thing we have many more stations to choose.

Reply to
Meanie

Some cut.

A couple TV stations here in Nebraska do a neat thing. They record the high school choirs and bands doing their Christmas music without the audience. One station plays it Christmas Eve, the other on Christmas Day. One of the schools had an enrollment of 90 kids in 7-12 grades. I think some are smaller but don't know for sure. The largest I noticed had a 9-12 enrollment of 1423.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Paint,

You can find Christmas music 24/7/365 with internet radio. This is why so many have joined ISIS.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

You cynical old male bovine!!!

Reply to
clare

MOO !!!!! :)

Reply to
Paintedcow

Radio stations should start playing Christmas music no sooner than DECEMBER 1st. Ideally, no more than one holiday song per three 'regular' songs (whatever a given station's genre). If they want to play non-stop holiday between Christmas Eve and Day, that's fine.

The store where I work part-time has music piped in IP from corporate, where it is fed from a satellite. Starting the second week of December this year, I heard two Christmas themed tracks, then two regular tracks. Not too bad, given that this is retail we're talking.

On my iTunes/iPod playlist, you'd hear a Christmas song ever 4-5 songs, and sometimes two Christmas in a row, followed by two everyday songs. Tolerable.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

I agree fully !!!!

Reply to