OT: Steam Cleaners?

Anyone familiar with something like this unit? I don't understand it. Thanks.

Davej

It heats water to make steam & also has a wet vacuum built in to suck up the dirty water (condensed steam & crud the steam loosened up from the surface)

MikeB

Reply to
MikeB

Ok, but from what I've read the whole idea seems to be to use steam to avoid the need for chemicals, so why are there two reservoirs in the thing? There is a steam chamber and then then there is also a plastic fluid chamber and then there is the wet-vac dirty water chamber.

Reply to
Davej

says "On the other hand don't be afraid to use a safe cleaning agent if you run into a difficult situation that may call for more than steam. Cold water and soap cleans ok, but use that same soap with hot water and watch what happens. The same principal applies."

MikeB

Reply to
MikeB

You don't happen to have anything to do with this website, do you? It's a simple steam cleaner, you moron.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

No, but that happens to be the particular unit I'm playing with. I couldn't figure out why it had two reservoirs.

Reply to
Davej

No, but that happens to be the particular unit I'm playing with. I couldn't figure out why it had two reservoirs.

Reply:

Never mind, then. We just have some less than subtle spammers here. Let me know how it works if you get one. I can use a small steamer now and again for fine work. I hear jewelry is a particularly good use for them. And shower grout. I'd shop for a while, as steam seems sort of a simple principle, and with a double reservoir, it may be spendier, and you may get the same results from a basic unit.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Has anyone tried the Shark brand on shower grout?

Lou

Reply to
LouB

I saw a video on youtube claiming these things worked well on shower grout but so far with my own experiments I'm not too impressed. Might as well just spray the grout with a bleach solution.

Reply to
Davej