OT Slightly - Building Roof Repair

Can you restate your question to include what it is you're trying to deal with? I think it has something to do with roof repair, but the pics don't show too much. Sorry. Tom

Reply to
tom

I have a pole barn.

(38k)

The roof insulation extends from the inside out to the full length of the eve.

(41k)

This is a picture with a section of the insulation removed.

(52k)

What is the best way to deal with this?

Reply to
A. Smith

Sorry, I guess I have been looking at it too long.

It is foam > Can you restate your question to include what it is you're trying to

Reply to
A. Smith

26"

and then to

27"

What do you do with the joints of the soffit? I haven't worked with it. Can the sections be managed?

Ya, I guess that could be done. In the one picture where the roofing is visible, I cut the insulation leaving the piece above the

2x4 joist. I would probably have to cut that insulation out and hammer the nails down.

Just wondering if someone has a magic, nothing-to-it solution.

Reply to
A. Smith

What is the distance from the exterior wall to the center joist and then to the drip line shown in the above picture?

I am thinking vinyl soffit but the span might be to great.

OTH can you not just remove the insulation and paint the bottom side of the metal roof?

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Vinyl soffitt goes up like siding except you never do butt joints. It installs like tongue and groove. You would have a good bit of waste. You would get 2 53" cuts per 12' board. Also I think the span it too great. When I use it on porches I always nail it every 16". That may be more nails than required. I really don't know the maximum span.

Removal and painting is the low cost option.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt