OT: Science proves... the wealthy are jerks.

"Jan-Erik Lönnqvist, professor of social psychology, had made the same observation in traffic as many others: Audi and BMW drivers seemed much more likely to ignore traffic regulations and drive recklessly."

Reply to
Davej

When I was driving a truck I was amazed by the number of BMW drivers that thought they could play chicken with a Volvo White diesel and win. "I'm a master of the universe and you have to let me in after I drove half a mile on the shoulder to pass all those peons."

Reply to
rbowman

Lots of times the BMW and some other car owners are not really that rich. They just want to put on a show and act like they are.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Back in the day, 18-wheeler drivers were the Knights of the Road. These days, too many of them can't stay in their lane, think nothing of NASCAR tailgating you or cutting you off. I give them a wide berth on the interstate.

Maybe the current OTR truck driver shortage is putting guys in the cab that can't handle a Chevy.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

The ones who are really rich can usually beat a ticket. People pay simply because the ticket is cheaper than a lawyer. That is one reason why so many places have moved traffic from the criminal court to civil court. Basically they sue you for speeding. The case is easier to make in civil court where the rules of evidence are weaker.

Reply to
gfretwell