OT Sales tax on out of state sale by phone

I was in my plastic surgeon's office yesterday and they had two small signs suggesting one pay with Paypal.

I've arranged that they are going to make me look like Paul Newman. I'm sure it will be expensive.

Just kidding. He is going to cut off some mole that recently appeared, or at least got bigger, on the side of my face. I never even noticed it before 2 months ago, and now it's 3/16" high.

The dermatologist wanted 3 weeks for an appointment, okay, but then I thought to ask the next question, So is he going to take a sample for biopsy that day. No, that would be six weeks later. !!

The web said a mole can become life-threatening in 6 weeks. Why is it the older you are and the less you have to lose by dying, the more you don't want to die?

My friend said if it's your face, call a plastic surgeon. The scar will be either much smaller or non-existant. (although the older you are the less well things heal.)

The first plastic surgeon had an appointment in 10 days, but it turned out he too was just going to look at it that day. What good would that do me? Webpages and I think his office too said they can't tell if it's cancer by looking at it. So what's the point of looking at it? Doesn't he believe me when I say it's there? The biopsy was to be more than a month after that.

The second plastic surgeon I called last Thursday or Friday and he saw me on Monday. Why can't they all be like that? He even had a webpage that listed the first available appointment for each doctor and another one had monday also. His removal procedure is 15 days from yesterday, but he said it didn't look like it was anything. So he thinks he can tell by looking. I guess if it looked bad, he would somehow do the biopsy earlier. (The secretary had said they usually do it the same day. She either said that to get my business, or she's thinking about when it looks bad. I'm sure those are the ones that get her attention.)

Anyhow, they take Paypal. My insurance might cover all of it, though if he is more expensive than the dermatologist, it might not cover the difference.

Reply to
micky

There are lots of breaks we give to shippers directly from China. It is great if you are just a cheap shopper but it sucks if you are an American who cares about fairness to US business. They also do not pay US postage. I can buy a little widget from China, product plus shipping, that comes to me USPS from Long Beach Ca, cheaper than someone in Long Beach can mail it to me.

Reply to
gfretwell

Sounds like a long time. I had to wait two weeks for a dermatologist for something on my ear. Took a biopsy, heard back in 4 days, back in a week later to have it removed. Then a follow up.

I like going to the dermatologist. She is a very good looking 30ish blond and gave me a full exam running her hands over my body looking for lumps and bumps. Froze a couple of pimples and popped them off. I'd go every week for a checkup.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I think in this case, he will cut the whole thing off and then do the biopsy. then back for a follow-up.

That's pretty good.

That's even better.

I had made an appointment with the dermatologist, a guy, and it's 5 days before the appointment to get the mole cut off. I thought about cancelling it but it was also going to include an Annual Skin Scan, like you describe. Since It's been 74 years since my last one, I guess I'll do it anyhow, every 74 years.

Back to the plastic surgeon, he was wearing all black, like Zorro, including a black cap. There was a logo embroidered on his jacket. All the clerical staff was dressed in black too. Most of his patients are women for face lifts, noses, eyebrows, eyelids, etc. For the whole practice most are women, tummy tucks, breasts etc. They must think the lack uniforms generate respect or something.

All the webpages for plastic surgeoons have full screen images of beautiful women with perfect complexions, but when I was there, I didn't see any.

Reply to
micky

Black to mourn the patients who have died during their procedure. Red to cover blood spatters. Paisley to hide vomit, pus from ruptured cysts, etc. And so on.

Reply to
Jim Joyce