(OT) replying to yourself in a newsgroup

I noticed that a lot of spam that I see now replies to itself in the newsgroup. Do certain people filter out messages that don't have replies or do servers remove messages that don't have replies to them - is that why spam responds to itself?

Reply to
Eigenvector

Nope.

I have noticed that:

  1. A lot of spam is posted through GoogleGroups.

  1. A lot of posts made through GoogleGroups seem to be double-posted, at least on my news server.

It's gotten so bad that I'm close to killfiling everything posted through that service.

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar