OT: Replacement water heater for home (NSOT??)

Fortunately, you can count on God during crunch time. Well, most of the time. Unless you are being killed by unruly mob yelling "Crucify him!". And then you're in trouble.

Yes, indirect plumbing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

cross-posted to: rec.food.cooking & alt.home.repair followups to: rec.food.cooking

Thanks to everyone for their helpful (and not so helpful - grin) suggestions and comments regarding water heater in my home that recently failed.

Well, tomorrow morning a new AO Smith 40-gallon, natural gas water heater will be installed - about $1450, give or take. I selected the company that had previously done work for me when my (clothes) washing machine flooded my home, and homeowner's insurance covered that cost. Their price is a little bit more than three other companies I had contacted that also provided estimates.

It will be interesting to see if this new water heater will make a difference with my utility bill. I anticipate there will be some savings even if meager since a new(er) water heater has got to be more efficient than the dinosaur that croaked . Better some savings than none, eh ;-)

Sky, who'll be glad to have hot water aga> cross-posted: rec.food.cooking & alt.home.repair

Reply to
Sky