OT Political

There you go again. Saying he made two other tweets that day makes it sound like they were separate events, widely spaced in time. One immediately preceded it, by two mins, and it placed what followed in context. It's like quoting once sentence from a paragraph and then when caught claiming that it's "standalone", saying, the author has written other things on the subject.

Reply to
trader_4

Tweets indeed are like farts and the one's I've seen from Trump and Gingrich enforce that belief.

That said...If one has an attention span long enough to think coherently, a lot could be said in those brief 140 characters>

Too bad the public figures are just as thoughtlessly impulsive as I am on Usenet.

Now going back to Newt.

Though I did not like the statement he made on Dec 7, I do not absolutely hate the guy either.

Today I saw on the news that Trump, while president is supposedly going to continue some TV show he has. (Tossed my TV out 25 years ago so have no clue what kind of bullshit goes on there)

Newt made a statement saying he thought it "weird" that Trump would do such a thing. So doggone it. I have to say I thought exactly the same thing.

I'll be very happy if Gingrich actually shows some guts. I usually like surprises.

Reply to
philo

If you followed my posts you will see that I quoted all three in correct order. Yes, I mis-spoke but the bottom line is I had a problem with the wording in the single tweet I quoted.

If I wrote an entire book and in one line I called someone an asshole, they would not have to quote the entire book to tell me what they had a problem with.

Reply to
philo