OT Perhaps, But I Gotta Get Me Some O Deez!

I may lose my mind and order a set. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

There's such a thing as taking multi-tasking too far. :\

nb

Reply to
notbob

Would have been handy when we were teenagers and went to the A & W drive in for a burger and BSd with others about cars.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

What meals at A&W need silverware?

nb

Reply to
notbob

The A&W here is half A&W and half Long John Silvers.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

Would that make it an A & hn Silvers?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Looks like a good way to screw up dinner!

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

A&W hasn't been worth a damn since they tried to make the leap from drive-in chain to family-friendly sit-down restaurant, failed at that, and got eaten by one of the junk-food borgs. Town I grew up in, the local franchise owner looked at the front money it would take to replace his building and keep his franchise, said the hell with it, and bought a new sign with his own name on it. Same menu, almost the same root beer, and kept on chugging for many years, I've tried A&W's is several other towns since then- it just isn't the same. I think the taste of the cold root beer in the big glass mug, and the taste of the hot dogs, was affected by eating them half-outside sitting in a car with open windows, and the whiff of exhaust from all the kid hot rods pulling in and out. The food was never stellar- you were paying for the ambiance. Close cousin to the walkup-only, icecream-only Dairy Queen right next door, where if you were really good that week, you went for dessert. They followed the same path A&W tried to, but were a little more successful at it, at least for awhile. I'll note, though, that the only DQ left in this town is the original walkup one- the sit-down versions all went belly up. Vanilla cone I used to pay a quarter for is now about 3 bucks, though.

Yet another couple of my treasured childhood memories ruined by corporate 'bigger must be better' think.

Reply to
aemeijers

You could really throw a wrench into the dinner conversation. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas