OT need advice for my neighbor

Yeah, but he was amused later in the same episode...

George: Hey, check this out. I gotta give out Christmas presents to everyone down at Kruger, so I'm pulling a Whatley. (Gives a Christmas card to Jerry)

Jerry: (Reading it) "A donation has been made in your name to the Human Fund." - What is that?

George: (With pride) Made it up.

Jerry: (Continuing reading) "The Human Fund. Money for people."

George: What do you think?

Jerry: It has a certain understated stupidity.

But, later, he redeems himself. :-)

GEORGE: I think I could be a philanthropist. A kick ass philanthropist! I would have all this money, and people would love me. Then they would come to me... and beg! And if I felt like it, I would help them out. And then they would owe me big time! (Thinking to himself) ... First thing I'm gonna need is a driver...

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Don and I skipped all that. Got married at the Honolulu courthouse then threw a party for 200$ starting tab at the Pearl Harbor Acey-Deucy club. Had a simple honeymoon in a decent hotel in Waikiki. Don wore his uniform and I opted to get myself a simple white dress that I knew I'd wear at other times (IE: not obviously a 'wedding dress, just a pretty white one).

Frankly we didn't have the money and the family couldn't afford to come out (nor could we afford to fly them in).

Smile, 35 years ago. Still going strong!

Reply to
cshenk

Works for me Cindy!

Reply to
cshenk

Very nice.

My son is a big Seinfeld fan and just yesterday he flew to DC and went to pick up his rental car, which he had reserved around the middle of last week. They politely told him they didn't have a car for him. That triggered a whole Seinfeld dialogue, since that was the topic of another episode.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 23:18:17 -0400, Ralph Mowery posted for all of us to digest...

+1
Reply to
Tekkie©

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:31:11 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted for all of us to digest...