OT: Millionaires ask for higher taxes

Heh! "Forward to the past!" fits on a bumper sticker.

Reply to
HeyBub

Good idea! I made $100K more in 2007 than I'll make this year. My salary was $20K more in 2006 (retired in '06) than it is today.

Reply to
krw

Didn't know you worked for the government? It's unusual for a government wage rate to decrease over time? They increase the government budget by $4 TRILLION and you got a $20k wage cut. Boy, that sucks the big one...

Reply to
Jack Stein

Would it be illegal for those who are wealthy to voluntarily write a check for whatever amount of money over and above what is required by the tax laws to the government to use for whatever? If not, have at it! If you are wealthy and want to send every penny of your wealth to the government, please do, I have no problem with that but don't tell other people who might have a lot of money that they have to give all their wealth away. There is something I call The Liberal Mindset which causes those who are afflicted with it to bend over for a body cavity search by a government agent because they want to FEEL safe and they believe I should have an anal probe too and should not resist it. It's about freedom. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You mean, none of them put their money where their mouth is? Why am I not surprised? The voluntary tax fund has never been a secret. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Americans give more money to charity than any other people on the planet you idiot. You will find people like me who have little will help out a neighbor or anyone they can if we see a need. What a jerk you are!

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The law of unintended results rears its ugly head again eh? Evey time the government screws around with something like that it gets worse and causes a calamity or collapse of some sort.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hire him/her and take out a lot of fire insurance. I remember reading a story about a guy who insured a rare box of cigars that were worth a great deal of money. The fellow smoked them then filed a claim that the cigars had been lost to fire. He had to sue the insurance company to get them to pay which they did. The insurance company then brought arson charges against the smoker for every single cigar he smoked. Your fire insurance company would probably use the fact that you knew the new employee had a criminal history of arson and refuse to pay off. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas