OT Justice Department resumes capital punishment

U.S. Bureau of Prisons (BOP) staff will be busy in December and January Barr ordered the government to adopt a new method for executing prisoners, replacing its lethal cocktail with injections of a single drug, pentobarbital. (just one "hot shot")

Oren

Oren <Oren@127.0.0.1> wrote

Dunno why they don't just used what is used to kill dogs and cats.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The country is awash in fentanyl. Why not just use that?

Reply to
gfretwell

The Feds themselves hold 3,500 pounds of the stuff

(and if they run short, it can be bought cheap on about any street corner)

Reply to
Anonymous

Fast and effective and cheap - what more could the government ask for???

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Since the lethal dose is 2MG and maybe even as low as 1MG in some frail people, a safe assumption is 5MG will do the trick every time and that is just a speck the size of medium coffee ground.

Reply to
gfretwell

Hi Oren,

It is sad that we have to do this, but we have to. To quote the regressives: no justice, no peace.

Now to wait for all the regressive to scream about killing these terrible monsters would did a lot of evil to others and justifying murdering children (abortion) that did nothing to anyone.

-T

You beat me to it... I've never understood what the fancy drug cocktails were all about. just give the perp a hotshot and he'll be just as dead as his buddies on the street.

Reply to
rbowman

Governments are not interested in those criteria. Expensive, complicate, and failure prone is the ticket.

Reply to
rbowman

Whats used to kill dogs and cats etc is much more reliable and effective.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Lot better to use what is used to kill cats and dogs because the staff wont be trying to steal that to sell on the street.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Not really Ketamine is used recreationally and the amount needed to reliably kill someone is easily 200-300 times as much as you need for fentanyl. They shot 10 CCs in my 100 pound dog. If they chose it for your surgery you would get 3 or 4 MG per KG of body weight and they hope you will wake up.

Reply to
gfretwell

Bullshit "Special K" Is a very hot seller on the street and veterinarian offices get broken into all the time by druggies looking for it.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yes really.

They don't use ketamine.

The amount used is irrelevant, what matters is side effects, reliability and whether it will be stolen by the staff and burglars so you need to take extreme measures to stop that happening.

Its not as if the prison goons are the most reliable employees around.

Hardly the end of civilisation as we know it given how cheap it is.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Ketamine isnt used to kill dogs and cats.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Tell that to my Vet.

Reply to
gfretwell

Irrelevant to the point that they should be using the non ketamine that is used to kill cats and dogs on humans.

Reply to
Rod Speed