OT: It's national cheeseburger day

Check out local burger places, many are offering specials today. Thinking about Red Robbin here.....

Reply to
trader_4

One of our good places around here is having a $5 special. They make a good burger too. Also the remnants of Florence passing through and raining very hard. The flash flood warning don't bother me but getting my wife in the car we'd both get soaked. Home made chicken soup instead.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Missed it. We had burgers at a local bar last Saturday. Much, much, much better than Red Robin.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelicapaganelli

Free one with purchase of an entry at Ruby Tuesday. You can probably get a coupon on line. Think today and tomorrow only.

Reply to
Frank

The United States has over 175 days related to awareness of specific foods or drinks.

Sheeesh.

Reply to
hubops

After thinking about it, I came to the same conclusion. RR has some tasty burgers, but for the special today you can only get a cheeseburger with endless fries for $5, you have to buy a beverage. A local bar here has two for one burgers every Monday night and you can get any burger you want, like the French Onion Burger that comes with carmelized onions, gruyere cheese and a small side of onion soup to dip it in. And they are really good, so I think it's a better deal that you can get any Monday.

Reply to
trader_4

Where do you live, Ed? I'm going to leave "getting your wife in the car" alone.

Reply to
micky

NE corner of Connecticut. It was pouring very heavy for a few hours, but the sun came out later. We got about 4".

Getting my wife to the car involves a walker and sometimes an oxygen tank. Hard to move fast that way.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'm in Baltimore and I don't think we got anywhere near that much. There were flash flood warnings, but in my county, no flash floods.

I'm sure. You know about oxygen concentrators, right.

Reply to
micky

My son has a respiratory healthcare business. I have two concentrators, a unit to fill the 3000psi portables, a battery powered portable concentrator, couple of D tanks. So, yes, I do.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On Wed 19 Sep 2018 08:03:52p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

I had a college roommate who came from Cannondale CT. I used to visit there frequently during school breaks. Absolutely beautiful area, but not near you. Their home overlooked a gorge.

Rare but often serious flash flooding in central AZ yesterday. Heavy rain and torrential winds made driving almost impossible, but we had to trudge through it for a couple of medical appintments. I'm not sure how much rain accumulation there was, but it came down for several hours.

I was aware that your wife had health issues, but did not realize it was that serious. I'm sorry to hear that. Perhaps changing to the Florida climate will benefit her.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright