OT Is this card worth it? Why?

I heard if you go outside the US, it's good to have a no foreign currency transactive fee credit card. Yes????

On the list of such card, I came across this one

It has a $995/year fee! What does it have that makes it worth more than a 100/year fee or even a no-annual-fee card?

Look at what it pushes, get 0.5% more back on airfare. I guess if you spend 500 a week on airfare that's 25,000 a year and 1250 extra cash back, but how many people do that? What is the max that a big shot business man used to spend a year on air travel? And will they anymore now that we have Zoom?

And they brag that their card itself weighs 22grams because it's 24K gold plated!!! You would think someone successful enough to make this kind of money wouldn't have to have his ego stroked by having a gold-plated car (or bathroom). Maybe it's only people who inherited their money or married it that need to have an impressive charge card, but you no longer have to hand the card to anyone at a lot of places, so they don't even know what your card is covered in. It's only 9 grams more than the chase sapphire card which is all plastic. how much does

9grams of gold sell for ? And it's a waste of gold. Gold should be saved for contacts in switches. And also for ointment to prevent Covid-19.
Reply to
micky

Your Rights If You Are Dissatisfied With Your Credit Card Purchases. If you are dissatisfied with the goods or services that you have purchased with your credit card, and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may have the right not to pay the remaining amount due on the purchase. To use this right, all of the following must be true: You must have used your credit card for the purchase. Purchases made with cash advances from an ATM or with a check that accesses your credit card account do not qualify; and ===> You must not yet have fully paid for the purchase.

But I keep hearing about challenging a cc charge when you get a defective product and the seller won't fix things. I don't ever expect to do that, haven't so far, but doesn't the last line above mean this card won't work like that? DOES THAT MAKE THIS CARD UNUSUAL? It only covers the remaining amount. I thought those stories about cc challenges caused you to get a refund of money already paid. -- Except for a car or a house, or those monthly payments some stores and I think Amazon allow, isn't everything fully paid for by the time you leave the store, or click Enter?

One things about the 24K plated card below that if you actually use it a lot might make it worth 1000 dollars a year, or is it puffing and bluster? LUXURY CARD CONCIERGE® Around-the-clock availability via phone, live chat and email, Luxury Card Concierge is always ready to assist with various personal requests, travel bookings, special events and more. Our dedicated agents are there to ensure you save time and enjoy exceptional service. 24/7 Access by App, Phone or Email

Reply to
micky

I would first see which US banks have a partnership with a bank in the country you are going to. When we were in New Zealand I used my BoA card in Westpac ATMs with no fees.

Reply to
gfretwell

Numerous credit unions offer Visa or MC credit cards with no annual fee and no international transaction fees. I found one via a web search where I qualified for membership. I had to open a savings account to join but the one-time deposit of $25 was all I needed. I did all of it via the internet and have never stepped into any bricks and mortar branch. As it only pays 1 "bonus point" for each dollar charged, I only use the card for international travel.

Reply to
Retirednoguilt