OT: Industrial photography

My wife and I recently viewed a photo exhibit by

In his exhibit (and book) "Forge Work" He has a few great shots of one of my former customers ...Ladish... (now ATI Ladish).

It will not only give ya'll a view of the places I had the privilege of serving during my 38 years in the industrial battery business...it's some of the best photography I've seen.

(Other than that done by me and my friends of course)

Reply to
philo

Nice work. If you've worked in and around manufacturing you can appreciate the beauty in those photos.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Nice to see that someone still knows how to use a view camera.

Reply to
dadiOH

I went to just about every type of business (everything from small machine shops to a nuclear power plant) you can imagine but rarely got a chance to take photos...

even though I'm not a half-bad photographer that Michael Schultz guy did a better job than I could have done.

He obviously had to go around and get permission etc.

Reply to
philo

He's a master for sure and I hope to meet him on the 16th when he's in town.

Reply to
philo

Be careful of what you ask for...

Gordon Shumway

Crap. Try this one, it should work.

Gordon Shumway

Thanks for the link.

Since digital - e v e r y o n e - is a photographer .. I've essentially retired my camera .. - it sucks and I miss it ..

The real professional photographic artists need to set themselves apart. < like your guy has >

We saw this guys exhibit

at the McMichael Gallery, a few years ago - ... totally blew me away .. thanks for the opportunity to plug both him & the gallery. John T.

hubops