OT: In my twilight years

But tree stumps are good to piss on.

Reply to
krw

fundies spend a lot of time with tree stumps? I didn't know you knew Mitt

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

apparently that's all you're good at...doubting. like most of your ilk, it would never occur to you to open a civilized discussion on a topic

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

exactly who did I call a name?

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Malcom, I don't know why you keep bringing up entertainment underwear and now you you mention a catchers mitt. You poor thing, you really are mentally ill. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

OK, you first. Lets see if it's even possible for you to be civilized. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

On 01/27/2014 05:57 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote: X

I had little confidence in Obama and Romney.

I was for McCain until he chose Palin.

What I could not rationalize away was that if anything happened to him. she'd be in.

I voted for Obama simply because he seemed the lesser of the two evils.

He has not done great...but he has done better than what I actually expected. As a matter of fact, after he got Bin Laden who Bush ignored I have to admit I was a bit surprised.

As to National Health Care, I was surprised too...but not in a good way.

I guess there were a few million who will benefit from it...good for them.

BTW: Obama is not a Muslim nor is Romney a Mormon.

Can you say the word "politician" ?

That's what their religion is...politics.

Reply to
philo

Let's go back one president and talk about subverting presidential power!

I didn't vote for the "magic-undies guy" either!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

Per philo :

+1

Also, in retrospect, his letting himself be stuck with such a candidate reflected poorly on both his judgment and ability to assign tasks and accountability. My understanding is that in the post-mortems, there was finger-pointing to the effect of "Well, I thought *he* was supposed to be vetting her...."

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Prior to the election I read a very good article on the vetting process. I forgot where ...but I think it was in the New Yorker. At any rate I expected that it would be quite biased against him. It was a very good assessment actually and before one got to really know Palin, it initially looked like a good idea. I thought so myself until she opened her mouth.

I finally could not rationalize her away so I became a tepid Obama supporter.

The bottom line was that she had been vetted and all that was expected from McCain was a rubber stamp. That is exactly what happened. He really did only talk to her for a few minutes.

I was on the newsgroups arguing with people and referred them to the article and no one read it. The typical comment was that it was a long story and "I'm not going to read all that."

A twenty minute read which would have a profound effect on the next four years and beyond.

When I got my job repairing industrial batteries 39 years ago...I spent close to two hours with the owner of the company.

Like I said. I fixed batteries and I got more of an interview than McCain gave Palin.

I suppose that alone was enough to question McCain's ability to run the country.

Romney was sunk by his Freudian slip (47%)

so guess who was left?

Way too late now.

Reply to
philo

what? and destroy your belief that anyone that doesn't believe what you believe must by definition be a PLLCF? how could I ever overcome your faith with facts?

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

so you hate the Great American Pastime? How horribly anti-american

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

More lies from Malformed. Who wudda guessed.

Reply to
krw

Malformed was talking through his mitt. He's a catcher.

Reply to
krw

Let's see if it's possible for Malformed to tell the truth, first.

Reply to
krw

"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote in news:atlas-bugged- snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com:

Read what you wrote, just a few lines up: "limbaughnistas are cowards".

Reply to
Doug Miller

but limbaugh is their messiah and they have no trouble mentioning messiahs

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote in news:atlas-bugged- snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com:

The more you write, the less sense you make.

Reply to
Doug Miller

not my problem

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Elected representatives do not "run the country".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon