OT, I Apologize In Advance

yes, everyone around here knows your mother quite well and frequently

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

My mother was about 90 when she died. Both my parents are buried at Arlington National Cemetery because both served in The United States Army during WWII. Of course, Malcom, something like that is meaningless to someone like you. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You went and looked, didn't you?! I thought it was pretty self-explantory that you'd be looking at pictures of ingrown toenails unlike the concealed URL that was posted leading to drag queens. I find both sets of images equally unappealing but at least with my URL you had a pretty good idea of where you might be heading *before* you got there.

How someone gets a whole foot's worth of horribly ingrown toenails is still a mystery to me but I guess it shouldn't be since my wife sent me a link about a poor woman with breast cancer whose breast actually fell off from the untreated disease. I'll spare you that link but if you're curious, substitute breast+cancer for ingrown + toenail in the above URL. But trust me, it comes under the heading of "Things you wish you had never seen but can never erase from your brain."

I had to research it because I got onychocryptosis from a podiatrist who clipped my nails too close - I hate it when you go to a doctor and they GIVE you a problem instead of curing one!!!

Reply to
Robert Green

Per Robert Green:

The main thing that was running through my mind while I looked (and kept looking....) at those pix was "How does somebody let something get that far?".

But now I'm thinking homeless people, people with dementia, people with extreme nerve damage, and so-forth.

Maybe diabetic neuropathy would be a primary player - where people are both more subject to infection, and unable to feel what's going on.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

so did thousands of dogs, mules and horses

which in no way invalidates any of my points

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

That's a pretty good guess. On the subject of medical mysteries, here's something you don't see every day - the Brit tabloids managed to get film of the recently born "two faced" baby.

Not really gross but interesting. Now I know where the Romans got the idea for their two-faced god, Janus (the month of January gets its name from him). As warden of gates, which he opened and closed, he was depicted with a doorkeeper's keys and staff. His two faces meant that he watched entrances as well as exits, and saw into the internal as well as the external world, left and right, above and below, before and after, for and against. His shrines were archways, such as gateways or arcades at crossing places. (Taken from Dictionary of Symbols, Jean Chevalier & Alain Gheerbrant).

Reply to
Robert Green