OT. Giant TV screens,,

I found that once I understood what enormous protection the Constitution provides the citizens of the US that I became very reluctant to go anywhere outside of its umbrella. My wife had to take a special course before the Army sent her to Saudi Arabia about all the ways she could get herself into serious trouble and how serious that trouble could be.

She could not drive or sit in the front seat of a vehicle when off base and she was advised strongly to wear burkhas or hijabs. IIRC, AF women at Prince Sultan AFB HAD to wear them until somebody sued. Still, she said you just didn't go into town in uniform for ANY reasons. Wearing a hijab, she said, was just like wearing camoflauge BDO's. You do it to survive. And

*these* are our allies!

They've got all our petrodollars, they've got our best weapons. Why aren't

*they* leading the charge to create muslim democracies instead of us?

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

(-:

I'd like to see a study that ranked various occupations for truthfulness. I don't recall truth being very important at the law firm I worked at. Plausible denial was the thing to shoot for. The second most important things witnesses were told was how to say "I can't remember" in at least four different ways: "I have no recollection of those events","those were hazy times", "I can't remember that far back", and the famous "I couldn't swear to it."

Truth is allegedly important to journalists but look at what's happening to the whole lying phone-message tapping bunch of limey newsmen/women. They are clearly more concerned with the lies that others tell than their own lies.

Doctors? Most docs today claim they are booked months in advance so they can discourage patients who don't have insurance or are on the "I Sued A Doctor" list that more and more are subscribing to. So they start off by lying. (-:

Diogenes, where might we find a truthful man in 2011. Not in the Whitehouse or Congress, either . . .

Somebody once said lies are the grease that lubricates society.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

It won't. Obama's press won't let it.

Not to worry. A scapegoat will be found.

You think that bothers them? It's for the children.

Reply to
krw

It's amazing how such a bad idea got so much traction. The key to the coverup is all the lateral transfers. In the FedGov, a lateral transfer means "you keep (a) job and your pension as long as you keep your mouth shut." Sometimes it even means a "no work" job like Linda Tripp, the woman who recorded Monica Lewinsky got when that story broke. We'll see. The families will be paid off if they agree to shut up, trails will grow cold, people will retire, and people will forget is my bet. It's not anywhere near the impact that Waco had with burning children and weeks of bizarre public theater. That was SO OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!

And yet now we have this, proving that lessons learned barely span a generation. I'll bet you could analyze the past, computer a "forget" factor and predict what will happen next. I've lived long enough to see we don't learn from the past.

Honestly, a lot of these secret ops don't get high approval for the very reason you might suspect: they know they'll never get it. What's that old line? "Better to ask for forgiveness than for permission." It's along the lines of "did Rupert Murdoch know about the phone funny business?" Ever see "Soylent Green" when the governor says: "I CAN'T know any more about this" and walks away from an aide giving him bad news. Somebody with a lot of juice got a bright idea and no one wanted to "not be on board." Happens wherever groups of people meet. (-:

The latest in business is HP. It's literally flopping around like a fish out of water, changing CEOs, abandoning previously core parts of their business. They had to take Meg Whitman because no one else wanted the job. Many never even returned the phone calls, the journals say.

Higher ups can be as blind as field operatives are optimistic. I don't see a big conspiracy - yet. I see a stove-piped para-military organization that's lost its way and is struggling for a "big win" but gambled and lost. Again.

It will be interesting to see where the chips in F&F finally fall out. Getting agents killed is a big driving force. It should never happen. In reality, it happens all the time. We just don't hear about it. But it's not Waco. No babies died. Makes a big difference to Jane EnquirerReader.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green