Where dogs own the streets... 9,000 roam Dallas...

Lock and load!

burfordTjustice

Per burfordTjustice:

We had packs of wild dogs roaming Fairmount Park in Philadelphia some years back. A pack harassed me once when I was taking a walk on lunch break. Leader was making little dashes at me, snapping at my leg. Landed a kick on him, and the problem went away for the moment.... but clearly not a trivial concern.

Somewhere I read that, in some far-northern city, certain people with dog sled teams would turn the team loose during summer months in order to save on dog food. .... Accordingly, in that city, unleashed dogs were shot on sight.

Maybe an annual dog-hunting season?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

There was a place in Northern California back in the hippie days called "dead dog dump", for all the dogs that had been let loose (perhaps "given their freedom").

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

In the Southern Indian state of Kerala, known to tourists as Gods own country has now become Dogs own country. Vicious dogs in large numbers roam the streets in almost all towns and couple of weeks back a 60 year old woman was killed. Two children have also become casualties part from several people wo have been bitten.

Reply to
Archer