OT. EV Blanket

Scientists have developed a shroud for vehicles that is supposed to extend battery life. It might well work but it looks like it would be a nuisance to use. We throw a plastic tarp over our little tractor at the farm. It's parked inside but a little breeze with the shed doors open can make it harder to throw on.

Dean Hoffman

It's like those thermal pool cover blankets. Probably helps, but such a pain to put on and take off, not many will use it. Interesting that they didn't even give any data on how much this is supposed to help the battery hold charge or accept charge. Which leads me to think that data must not be very good.

Reply to
trader_4

To keep itself from freezing battery uses it self to heat up and same for cooling if it gets too hot. We better jump on our governors asses in NJ and DE to hold back EV only mandates in 2035.

Reply to
invalid unparseable