OT. Dominos Delivers

Dominos has a driverless little buggy to deliver food in Houston.

There's a Sieman's commercial at the start. Maybe 5 seconds. There's a mask wearing guy at the end waiting for the buggy.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

How long before someone figures how to hold them up en route?

Or you go out Sunday morning and find overturned buggies, minus pizza, along the streets.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Cool ! for all those non-wintery places who only order daytime pizza .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

If it runs over your dog, do you get free pizza for life?

Reply to
gfretwell

No, but you will get extra puppy-roni when you order.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I just want to know the master code so I can take the pizzas,

Good point.

Reply to
micky

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 13:55:16 -0400, micky posted for all of us to digest...

Someone once told me "Don't steal anything unless it's the Hope diamond"

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 23:43:44 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted for all of us to digest...

I'd rather have the dog. Is Dominos any good, never had it. Is there a higher class pizza like Dominatrix? Never submit...

Reply to
Tekkie©

Dominatrix pizza is all topping

Reply to
gfretwell

It depends what you're used to. I think it's pretty lousy, but there are locations where it might be the best you can get.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

I'm no connoisseur. After all, I eat my own cooking. Casey's pizza isn't bad.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

The robot could contain the Covid virus. Always safe to wear the mask around it.

Reply to
Hawk

This.

It's ok in a pinch, but for fast food pizza, I'm bias to Jets or Hungry Howies. Otherwise, there are several restaurant styles I prefer more so.

Reply to
Hawk

My wife will tell you that nobody makes better pizza then me.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

The original oven has vestiges of a pedal powered scheme but with a 2 ton wood fired oven that didn't work well. They got better over the years but the pies used to look more like a map of South America than a circle. They're good though and had the mobile popup thing down long before the covid crap. Also, they sell by the slice. Back in the day I could inhale a whole pie but now a piece is fine.

Reply to
rbowman

Nice. When I make a pizza, it's never round. More oblong, maybe with a short peninsula.

OTOH, two oblongs (his and hers pizzas) fit on a rectangular pizza stone pretty well.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 21:25:44 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted for all of us to digest...

Do they whip it into shape?

Reply to
Tekkie©

My parents and my aunt and uncle got together about every Saturday night. Much beer flowed with the men, and gin or rye depending on the season among the women.

At times they would have one of those boxed pizza kits, probably Chef Boyardee. "Spread dough evenly in both pans to edge." never quite happened so I got used to let than perfect result.

It was a lot better the weekends when we went to my uncle's place. He lived in the city and there was a barroom across the street where you could phone for a professional product and pick it up at the Ladies Entrance.

Pizza was sort of on the edge of acceptability where I grew up. All Italians were in the mafia and carried knives so you were taking your life in your hands going to one of their joints.

Reply to
rbowman

You must work cheaper than the people at Pizza Hut.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

On Sat, 1 May 2021 15:47:12 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman posted for all of us to digest...

She has a vested interest. Who else is gonna makea da pizza?

Reply to
Tekkie©