OT: Coolest sound ever - golf ball on frozen lake

Why has the topic moved to police stations?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You can slap someone on their bare back or belly and leave a similar red colour in the shape of your hand. It will make them shout ouch, but the pain isn't severe and there's no lasting damage.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The Benny Hill theme should have been used.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They do not need to be hospitalized any more than people need to go to the doctor when they catch a common cold.

That's around freezing point, not cold enough to be even uncomfortable when naked. Assuming they were clothed, that is absurd.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Mine are set to be hidden (Opera doesn't have a delete function anyway). They're only viewable by switching on "show hidden", or looking in the killfile folder. If I just marked them as read, I'd still be tempted to peek, and once I've read something I can't help replying.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Actually it was probably invented in the US.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Oct 30, 2020 at 7:38:12 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0ta1lymvwdg98l@glass>:

Why not?

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 30, 2020 at 11:54:22 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0tbdgwq9wdg98l@glass>:

I would not be surprised at all.

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 30, 2020 at 11:52:45 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0tbdd7etwdg98l@glass>:

I would like to see evidence of that... but even if true that does not mean the long term impacts are no different, nor that it is equally as easily spread.

You might not accept it but it happened.

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 30, 2020 at 11:54:05 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0tbdgfmtwdg98l@glass>:

I have that bad habit as well. I also have them marked red... and simply do not read most these days. I see Carroll has been posting with his name and several other likely socks, but I just do not read it. Too many for me to care about.

If things slow down some I likely will read some though.

Oh, and I can bet Carroll will see this and insist I read his every post. He really cannot understand how his trolling / harassing has become so predictable and so over-done that it really just does not pull me in like it used to.

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 30, 2020 at 1:00:55 PM MST, "%" wrote snipped-for-privacy@news.alt.net>:

How many police stations are built on frozen lakes?

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 30, 2020 at 2:03:45 PM MST, "%" wrote snipped-for-privacy@news.alt.net>:

But none of the ones that are not? Odd.

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 30, 2020 at 5:17:56 PM MST, "%" wrote snipped-for-privacy@news.alt.net>:

There is never a police officer around when you need one.

Reply to
Snit

I'd say there were too many, especially when operating a motor vehicle.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Not enough, it would be funny to watch them fall in.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Huh? I was talking about being cold.

I accept they went to hospital, but they didn't need to. Do you see a doctor when you cut your finger?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Oct 30, 2020 at 6:57:21 PM MST, "%" wrote snipped-for-privacy@news.alt.net>:

Do they ever sing "Row Row Row Your Boat".

Reply to
Snit

On Oct 30, 2020 at 6:33:24 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.0tbvxyyfwdg98l@glass>:

Depends on what you want done. :)