OT: Centennial Light Bulb Committee?!

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any weirder:

"The Centennial Light is the world's longest-lasting light bulb, burning since 1901, and almost never switched off."

"The bulb is cared for by the Centennial Light Bulb Committee, a partnership of the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department, Livermore Heritage Guild, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories, and Sandia National Laboratories."

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Have heard of it before... the folks who made it must have been bright.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow

Snit

You don't know much, and that's a fact.

Reply to
David_B

But I do know how to recognize a forger.

Reply to
Snit

I can recognize a twit when I see one.

Reply to
David_B

Happy your mirror's are working.

Reply to
Snit
<op.0pocf9liwdg98l@glass> snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net> <rhn8qk$1dgk$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org> snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>

NNTP-Posting-Host: jIIZygqdX6ZYn5C9I3LqHA.user.gioia.aioe.org Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/68.11.0 X-Notice: Filtered by postfilter v. 0.9.2 Content-Language: en-US X-Received-Bytes: 2600 X-Received-Body-CRC: 604427167

Reply to
David_B

I need to set up my mobile client to tag your real posts as you. On my desktop client, the beta one I generally use now, your posts are marked in green. Those who tend to troll a lot are marked in red. Those who are not even worth that are marked in brown.

Reply to
Snit

Why mark? I just send anyone I don't want to read into the bin. Along with any replies to them.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I do set some to auto-read (in addition to color coding)... but I admit I tend to respond to trolling more than I can defend.

Reply to
Snit

So that they match your underwear?

Reply to
David_B

snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net> <jrK%G.384203$ snipped-for-privacy@fx04.ams snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>

NNTP-Posting-Host: jIIZygqdX6ZYn5C9I3LqHA.user.gioia.aioe.org Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/68.11.0 Content-Language: en-US X-Notice: Filtered by postfilter v. 0.9.2 X-Received-Bytes: 1379 X-Received-Body-CRC: 3918122532

Reply to
David_B

Absolutely!

Reply to
Snit

Have you ever become enemies with a friend?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Is that what Macs are for?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

:-D

Reply to
David_B

I have better things to do with my time to even read them.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Not enemies, no. Pissed off with them? Yes.

Reply to
David_B

But still better than a compact fluorescent.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They are more reliable, for sure!

Reply to