OT: Billy Mays' Autopsy

The average time between sentencing and execution in 2007 was 153 months (12.75 years). Highest it has been since at least 1977 when it was 51 months (4.25 years).

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

I remember this case. We walked the yard, keeping disruption to a minimum, not even near death row.

John Arthur Spenkelink (March 29, 1949 in Le Mars, Iowa ? May 25, 1979 in Starke, Florida) was the first person executed in Florida and the second nationwide since the reintroduction of the death penalty in the United States in 1976.

Oren

I think life is a 49/51 deal. Any person is where they want to be, doing exactly what they want to be doing with exactly who they want to be with. Whenever the desire gets stronger one way or the other, the person goes that way. If they don't like where they are, they leave. If they don't like who they're with, they leave. If they don't like what they're doing, they quit.

It's all just a choice. You do what you want to do.

At all times.

BTDT

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I'd sure like it if my bad back (broke it) and spondylosis (degenerative bone disease) would get better. I'd trade the pain and give up the pills. My FIL is currently going through terminal stomach cancer, and has only a few months to go. I guess we should all just suck it up.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

no wonder he was so hyper

Yeah.

Well, so whatever.

I'm kinda 'hyped up' on beer right now, so what?

Not condoning use of illicict durgs or anything, but none of us are pefect are we?

Reply to
Doug Brown

... and you are out there driving while Paris Hilton did time for blowing a .08

Reply to
gfretwell

Take this stone so you may be the first to cast one ...........

Reply to
SteveB

I propose that USA overtly totally bans capital punishment, effective including and onward from the day after whenever (if) "Mumia Abu Jamal" gets executed.

I find "death penalty opponents" to be disserving themselves by making any effort so much as .001% specific towards that specific perp,

in light of how easily the "evidence" in favor of this perp presented somewhere or another has a high rate of being negated by scrutiny via critical thinking.

======================================

One reason I oppose the "death penalty" is that there are fates worse than death. One severe punishment that I propose to be worse than execution and to be legal in USA is to be life imprisonment with "solitary confinement", along with prison cell climate control and air odor along with prisoner's food/beverage flavor testing via Supreme Court the USA constitutional limits on cruel/unusual punishment.

I thought that a penintentiary (an earlier idea for "penalty imprisonment of criminals *My Words*) was originally imprisoning criminals into solitary confinement cells, where their prospective main contact with the outside world by physical means was proposed to be from reading the "holy books" of a small number of more-notable religious faiths achieving larger annual distribution of free copies of their "holy books".

Don Klipstein

On Fri 07 Aug 2009 04:33:40p, Oren told us...

I'm sorry when anyone dies, but it seemed pretty obvious that Billy Mays' hyperactivity was something above normal. It's not much of a surprise that he may have been using drugs, prescription or otherwise.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

This scenario is a small minority of fatal motor vehicle crashes on USA public highways and streets.

The drug-specific fatal and otherwise serious vehicle crashes on USA "public highways" (including every city and suburban street regulated by the "Vehicle Code" of any of USA's 50 "States") appears to me to usualy be:

Relevant highly at least in part, rather often entirely to at least one drug that is *legal* in USA and all 50 of its "States": Often, one "legal drug" contributing to public highway vehicle crashes is one where USA enected a constitutional amendment against - so unsuccessfully as to have that drug's mostly=ban be repealed by a sool-following "Constitutional Amendment".

Don Klipstein

Ask for Oxycodone 5mg with no APAP or any other NSAID in it.

Reply to
G. Morgan

He also could have been merely manic.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote > I'm sorry when anyone dies, but it seemed pretty obvious that Billy Mays'

Except, of course, those in the NG who claim never to have done such a thing. Or any other thing. And only make comments about those of us human sinners who have. Billy was a hoot, as were lots of his predecessors and cohorts who are no longer with us. With the exception of a few who really hurt others or involved children, they lived their life on choices, and I have no bad feelings. Hell, I got family and relatives that are the same way. Yes, sad when anyone dies, condolences to his family. He had kids and a wife. And I don't have really bad feelings about the real rotten apples. Mostly just a sense of sadness to think they had it all and it wasn't enough.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I have fairly severe RA (both wrists and a knee) but I man up and stay sober. Driving while stoned on hydrocodone can be as dangerous as driving drunk but people are in denial because a doctor gave it to them. Common side effects include dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, sweating, drowsiness, constipation, vomiting, and euphoria. (from the PDR). I think I would rather have a guy with a little cocaine buzz coming at me than a guy with " dizziness, lightheadedness ,.. drowsiness, and euphoria"

Reply to
gfretwell

And "news"casting being what it is today, and the age of instant information, the drug related crashes (like the one in NY recently IIRC) are man bites dog stories that are the fodder of our nightly "news".

One night on the local news, there was a clean up crew. A street department employee was working. Along came a drunk alien and pinched him between his car bumper and the bumper of the parked two ton service truck at 40 mph. Instant double amputation. News film of two men in white suits, smeared in blood, using a shovel and towels to clean up the scene. I don't know about you, but a well written short description would have conjured up just as good of a mental picture as seeing the real thing. But NO, they had to show it on the "news". You know, evening news .......... at dinner time.

........... strains of Don Henley's "Dirty Laundry" in the background ...................

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

G. Morgan wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mypost.invalid:

Yea but the big one is 0-y, 0-m, 01-d. Nobody gets anywhere without it or gets to skip it. Hats off to you as well.

Reply to
Red Green

"SteveB" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com:

Oh yea, that's me. A teenager in the 60-70's where the attitude was "Here, try this shit." and current reflection is if you remember the 60's you didn't have a good time.

Reply to
Red Green

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:h5mn7s$om6$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

I'll support a death penalty for talking on a cell phone while driving.

Reply to
Red Green

May be the most dangerous addiction of all for drivers

Reply to
gfretwell

"SteveB" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com:

You're stuipd!!!! A parent killed all those kids and 3 people in the other car. oh, it was probably your Boozing dinnertime.

Reply to
Stepfann King