OT Bastrop Tx Fire

"Igniting north of town Sunday afternoon, it spread rapidly, killed two people, forced the evacuation of about 5,000 others and destroyed 1,386 structures by the latest official count."

Read more:

JimT

And Perry will now claim that he's created several hundred more jobs

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

you mean the gov cutting all those jobs wasn't something political? or a candidate for Pres suggesting that his state should secede?

I did like bill maher on leno: one of the worst droughts in Texas and Perry asks everyone to pray...and now the state is on fire

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

For every joke you make send $10 to the Red Cross. :-) We'll be cool.

Reply to
JimT

how much to charge Perry?

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Maybe .......... if Obama hadn't given that $550 million to that solar collector company that the FBI is now investigating ..................

just thinking aloud .........................

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

but perry doesn't want any federal money, he believes in the almighty texas economy

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Not true. The state of Texas has requested federal disaster assistance SEVEN times in dealing with the wildfires. The last was in April. All have been declined by the federal government.

To his credit, just last Thursday president Obama overruled FEMA and declared a federal emergency for Texas.

Reply to
HeyBub

You do understand that the fed doesn't often just hand out free money. There is usually a hook buried in there.

Reply to
krw

If they were volunteers, what was the funding for: could it have been for equipment and maintenance, could it have been for training?

In that case I'd love to see perry pull a palin

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Why is that a problem?

Reply to
HeyBub

All this BS about there being cuts is a lie started by Democrat, Jim Hightower, once Agriculture Commissioner of TX.

There was an article in the Austin American Statesman, a definitely left leaning paper, debunking all the talk about cuts.

Bob-tx

Reply to
Bob-tx

Cite?