OT auto sun shade problem

The sun shade in my Nissan Versa won't stay in position - up or down. I tried a magnet but it doesn't work through the roof insulation. I tried velcro but the adhesive doesn't hold and I'd rather not use stronger glue and mar the roof liner. I suspect the cost of, including labor, to replace the shade would be more than I care to pay. I looked on Google but didn't see anything that looked useful,

Any suggestions?

TIA

Reply to
KenK

Try a magnet out of an old hard drive. I bet it will hold.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Are you referring to the visor ?

John T.

Reply to
hubops

snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I can't figure out the fix for theb Honda but the binder clip idea looks good. I tried one I had but it won't open wide enough. Will have to find a larger one. Concept is good. Maybe some other type of clamp will work as well or other. Have to think about this.

Thanks much!

Reply to
KenK

Get used to it - it's a Nissan - - - And you say you "suspect" the cost would be more than you would be willing to pay. Have you checked? The labour is extremely minor - see what the dealer wants, and if it is too much check the wreckers.

Reply to
clare

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

$150.

Reply to
KenK

Have you checked eBay? I just looked and there are a number of visors for Nissan Versas selling for $30 - $50. I didn't look for a specific model year or color, I will leave that up to you.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Don't know how to install one. Looks hard. No screws visible where it mounts, just a small plate. However, labor is only $40 so it must be fairly simple. Probably beyond a very old man's capabilites though.

Reply to
KenK

I am in my 90's and think this looks like a piece of cake. Watch this video:

Stormin' Norman

Ahh that explains a lot!

Reply to
Muggles

Does it, but loses it ;)

Reply to
Frank

That is a possibility Frank. As Herbert Hoover once said to me, there is no point in declaring the state of your own sanity as there will always be some crazy f*ck willing to disagree with you.

Apparently, you are applying for the job.

;-)

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

lol