OT auto sun shade problem

The sun shade in my Nissan Versa won't stay in position - up or down. I tried a magnet but it doesn't work through the roof insulation. I tried velcro but the adhesive doesn't hold and I'd rather not use stronger glue and mar the roof liner. I suspect the cost of, including labor, to replace the shade would be more than I care to pay. I looked on Google but didn't see anything that looked useful,
Any suggestions?
TIA

snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com says...

Try a magnet out of an old hard drive. I bet it will hold.
On Wed, 31 May 2017 13:08:57 -0400, Ralph Mowery

Get used to it - it's a Nissan - - - And you say you "suspect" the cost would be more than you would be willing to pay. Have you checked? The labour is extremely minor - see what the dealer wants, and if it is too much check the wreckers.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in says...

$150.

Have you checked eBay? I just looked and there are a number of visors for Nissan Versas selling for $30 - $50. I didn't look for a specific model year or color, I will leave that up to you.
says...

checked?

Don't know how to install one. Looks hard. No screws visible where it mounts, just a small plate. However, labor is only $40 so it must be fairly simple. Probably beyond a very old man's capabilites though.

I am in my 90's and think this looks like a piece of cake. Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gat6vRD_osk

On Wed, 07 Jun 2017 18:27:51 +0000, Stormin' Norman

Ahh that explains a lot!
--
Maggie

On 6/7/2017 2:31 PM, Muggles wrote:

Does it, but loses it ;)

That is a possibility Frank. As Herbert Hoover once said to me, there is no point in declaring the state of your own sanity as there will always be some crazy fuck willing to disagree with you.
Apparently, you are applying for the job.
;-)
On 6/7/2017 2:02 PM, Frank wrote:

lol
--
Maggie

Are you referring to the visor ?
http://forums.nicoclub.com/nissan-versa-droopy-sun-visor-t604456.html
John T.
snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote in

I can't figure out the fix for theb Honda but the binder clip idea looks good. I tried one I had but it won't open wide enough. Will have to find a larger one. Concept is good. Maybe some other type of clamp will work as well or other. Have to think about this.
Thanks much!