OT Are Toyota Takomas for wimps?

Are Toyota Takomas for wimps?

They keep playing a commercial where a man and his little son are in that car watching clouds and imagining what they look like, when the kid sees a cougar. Instead of closing the windows and watching it, the father rushes away. What a wimp.

Reply to
micky

Hard to say. I never see commercials. Can you provide a link to it?

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

My daughter's not a wimp. That's her Tacoma on the left.

This is her on the Rimrocker Trail to the campsite. "160 miles of dirt and fun" Look it up. Stunning scenery. The road seen in the bottom right is the same trail. Lots of switchbacks to get down there.

Wimps don't drive that trail,

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

A CNN news clips so you know it's gospel.

Pthirus Pubis

No, I just hear it when I'm listening to the radio, or maybe a tv station thorugh Tune-in, so I only hear it. I don't see it. I looked in youtube with no success, except for some reason carguru has a page comparing a mercury cougar with a toyota takoma.

strange since that are nothing alike. Maybe it's one of those pages created on the fly, based on only search terms.

Reply to
micky

I'm certainly not saying everyone who buys one is a wimp. Just that that commercial, which I've heard a dozen times already, seems designed to appeal to wimps. Maybe they have a marketing strategy for wimps and another strategy for non-wimps.

Reply to
micky

Ta*c*oma

Reply to
Marilyn Manson
.
Reply to
Marilyn Manson

This URL suggests a Tundra rather than a Tacoma.

I didn't find the commercial you described, but I found this one where the truck is moving during the entirety of the commercial:

Cindy Hamilton

Anyone shopping for a Tundra .. ? :-)

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Ooops. Very good point. Not a Tundra.

Reply to
micky

Ooops.

I want a second car.

But what I learned on my trip with the rented car is that before I do buy another car, I will spend an hour with Android Auto, so see if it works well. If it works the very same as with the Citroen, I'll settle for that (after I try another make of car), but I have a feeling tthe car radio has a lot to do with how well the phone and the car radio work together.

For one thing, with my second phone, I could get the map much of the time, and I could get an app called News, iirc, that played 3 or 4 minutes of news from Reuters, then NBC, etc. This surely came from the web but lots of other apps just said not available. Like Tunein, NPR, and c-spaan. NPR and C-span are free and is I don't believe they weren't available, yet News was available. I don't want to *buy* a car and have this sort of nonsense.

Reply to
micky