OT: Anoither example of why nothing gets done in Congress

So starting today, one copy of the FBI report is available, locked in a room in the basement of the Capitol. Senators can view it, one at a time, for an hour. Grassley says they will vote on Saturday. Let's do the math. With 100 Senators, if they each viewed it for just an hour, that would take

100 hours. Figuring they could work 10 hours a day, and that's very generous, it would take ten days for all Senators to read it. So, are they going to do another pass it before you read it deal? Even if the provided for reading 24 hours a day, only 72 or so could read it by Saturday morning. And that's reading it for just an hour, some might want to come back, read parts of it again.

And where but in Congress could they be this stupid, where only one person at a time can read it? Why not have 8 copies and 8 at a time can read it? When ever anyone leaves the room, they verify that all 8 copies are still there. It's not rocket science.

Reply to
trader_4

By Saturday it will be leaked and available on the internet. Certainly what it actually tells us and we haven't already heard will be. My guess is less than a dozen Senators will even try to read it and they won't go much past the synopsis on the cover page. Anyone taking an hour will be shooting pictures of the pages they want to leak. The FBI could summarize it in a 5-10 minute presentation if they really wanted to.

Reply to
gfretwell

Looks like Flake and Collins are a yes now, so unless there is some surprise flip, they have the votes. Also looks like polls may be showing that the stunt pulled by the Democrats has backfired.

Reply to
trader_4

Looks to me that every congress man/woman would have a computer on their desk and on a secure network where things like this could be sent to all of them at one time.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

The problem then is there is really no control over what they do with it once they get the document. They could save screenshots of the document while viewing it, use a camera to take pics of it, or read the contents to a reporter while viewing it. But being Congress critters, none of them would ever do that, right? Ask Corey Booker.

Reply to
trader_4

Like I said, CNN and/or Fox will have it by Saturday.

Reply to
gfretwell

One word would do -- bullshit.

Reply to
rbowman

We can always trust the Congress to do the right thing and not pass it to the news services. Right ?? ha ha. However if someone is already a judge and is being nominated for the SC then his info should be made public if it is something that would keep him from being appointed..

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Ralph Mowery posted for all of us...

Including Debbie Wasserman Schultz?