OT - Alarm clock, loud and low

With my advancing age, and hearing loss. I slept right through my alarm clock on Sunday. This is the "extra loud" one from Walmart. The one which uses the same high pitch chirp that all my other alarm clocks use. The high pitch that balding old deaf guys can't hear.

I've googled for a low tone, loud alarm clock.

Anyone got a link, I can follow? Others have suggested the "screaming meanie" but that's supposed to be high pitch. Need a lower frequency.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

There are bed vibrators, and tons of like products produced for the hearing impaired community.

There used to be a specialty shop near here... was never in there, but the few times I walked by, they appeared to have an amazing assortment of various devices.

Good Luck!

Erik

Reply to
Erik

Get a clock radio and tune it to an appropriate station.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

More...

Put 'deaf products' in Google (sans quotes).

Erik

Reply to
Erik

I use a clock radio tuned to a talk station, mostly males talking so more low-frequency noise.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Charlie wrote the following:

Tune it to a cRAP station. :-)

Reply to
willshak

Thanks, it did occur to me to see if we have any hearing impaired shops near me. Or, online. I live within driving distance of NTID, Natonal Technical Institute for the Deaf.

.

There are bed vibrators, and tons of like products produced for the hearing impaired community.

There used to be a specialty shop near here... was never in there, but the few times I walked by, they appeared to have an amazing assortment of various devices.

Good Luck!

Erik

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Forget the alarm clock. Get a digital timer. Connect it to a CD player, and a high power stereo amplifier, maybe around 500 watts. Be sure large and powerful speakers are connected. Turn the volume up full blast. Get a sound effect CD with sounds of gunshots, explosions, and sirens. Insert this Cd in the player and turn it on.

When the digital timer turns ON, I bet you'll not only hear it, but you'll shit in your bed when the explosions, gunshots and sirens begin.

There are also computer timers available, they will turn on a MP3. Connect your computer sound output to a large amplifier and speakers, and load a MP3 of explosion sounds as .... above.....

You can download FREE alarm software here:

works great....

Reply to
jw

Sho rat, bro! No ahm sayin?

.

Tune it to a cRAP station. :-)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:onkMq.2807$ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetserver.com:

I have two hearing aids, which need to be removed at night, so audible alarms are useless for me.

I use one of those things that turn your lights on and off while you're on vacation. They plug into the wall, then the bedside light plugs into that. The light is a pretty effective alarm.

Reply to
Tegger

Saw something on TV the other day. The original alarm clock had just one setting, 4 AM. The inventor did not think anyone would want to get up at a different time than he did.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I know a guy who used a 120vac 12" fire alarm bell hooked to an electrical outlet 24 hour timer as an alarm clock. It wasn't that he was hearing impaired, it was because he partied too much. ^_^

I have a 120vac fire horn that I pull out and plugin whenever my roommates get too loud discussing football or arguing about some silly thing. I make my point, then go back to what I was doing. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Sleep Apnea will cause that too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

or an enlarged prostate.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Blood pressure medication. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

There are alarm clocks to which you can attach a vibrating pad you place under the pillow You can even place it under the sheet to make sure it doesn't move

A generic for hearing impaired alarm clock will give you ample choices Some can even respond to the phone ringing as well.

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

What you really need is an ALARM COCK. (yes, thats spelled correctly). Get yourself a ROOSTER. Keep him in your bedroom!!!! :)

Reply to
jw

Hmm. Could be you need to cut back on your sodium, and your diruetic?

.

I get up to pee every 2 hours, too much Mountain Dew I guess? o_O

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Internet advice: Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

.

Blood pressure medication. o_O

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Wonder if I can get one that's low tone, and runs on 110 VAC?

.