OT: Airline Seat Cushion

On 4/16/2011 7:38 AM, bob haller wrote: (snip)

Shudder. I'm 6'3", around 250 lbs. Even if I snag an aisle seat, and manage to luck or whine my way into one of the extra-legroom exit row seats (you can't reserve them without paying extra), any flight over 2-3 hours leaves me sore for a day.

I try really hard to avoid flying any more. It Just Ain't Any Fun, these days. If all the airline offered to where I needed to go, was a Hannibal Lector seat like that, it would be a non-starter.

Reply to
aemeijers

"aemeijers" wrote

As do I. Used to be, the drive faster than fly zone was about 250 to 300 miles. Now it is closer to 500 miles. Right now, I'm planning a trip across the big pond on the right coast so I have no choice.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Hi, Gary - in addition to all the other advice you've been getting, you might want to go on-line with keywords like "exercise while on plane". There are tons of sites. Here's just one of many.

So do get up often; walk the aisles all the way around the plane; go to the toilet and do standing exercises there, or in the back of the plane if the crew is sympathetic.

While seated, do some of the many exercises available on-line, some of which involve partially standing.

Good luck!

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

I like the idea of on-line exercises. You just read about them, right?

Reply to
mm

That's one version. Another takes the form of a cop asking you to get out of your car and walk one.

RicodJour

LOL

Reply to
mm