OT A&W failure!

A&W failure:

But always a conceivable way around a problem.

micky

Good luck to A&W, but I don't think it'll work. Americans still suck at math, especially fractions. Calling it 3/9 rather than 1/3 probably isn't going to help. Ask people if 3/9 is larger or smaller than 1/4 and watch their eyes glaze over. They'd have a better shot if we used the metric system, where they could simply say we have X grams and they only have Y grams.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

I don't know about grams. That's something the commie foreigners use, and also the elite corps of impudent snobs at Harvard and Yale, and their wanna-be imitators.

I think they are hoping the larger numerator (how about that for a word you haven't seen since 8th grade, or at most senior year), 3 instead of

1, will make people think it's 3 times as large!

(They'll just ignore the 9 because there is a limit to how much math people want at one time.)

It will be very interes ting to see if it works. If you see follow-up news, post it here and I'll do the same. There are no A&W stores around here so I can't check in person. (Hmm. There is one in W. Virginia and there two KFC stores on the closest shopping street to me. One used to be a double store, but I don't think the other half was A&W and they undid it anyhow.

I accidentally clicked on the A&W menu and it doesn't h ave the 3/9th burger yet, but the Papa burger doesn't even say how much meat is in it:

The classic. Two juicy 100% U.S. Beef patties with two slices of melted American cheese. Finished off with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and our classic A&W Papa Sauce all on a lightly toasted bun? it doesn?t get better than this. nutrition 640calories 35gtotal fat 42gcarbs 38gprotein diet or allergens Egg, Milk/Dairy, Wheat, Gluten

Reply to
micky

1/4 pounder is 113 grams. 3/9 burger is 151 grams. The difference is 38 grams. Any ditty or quote about 38?
Reply to
Dean Hoffman

A & W is a rip off. Everyone know 4 is bigger that 3 so the 1/3 is not a big as the 1/4 quarter pounder.

Now you confusing the issue with grams. Grams is my mother's mother, a little old lady. Grams is smaller than pounds too. I don't want no wimpy burger in grams.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Maybe they could call it 151,000 miligrams.

How about, 38 bottles of beer on the wall, 38 bottles of beer...

or

Yes, grams are very little. I don't care how many there are, it couldn't be much.

LOL

Reply to
micky

Like the farmer friend that was not selling some produce at 25 cents so he marked it out and put in 3/$1 and sold out .

Everyone knows when you mark out a price and put on another it is cheaper.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

The 1/4 pounder doesn't mean much anyway because that is the weight before cooking -and a fatburger will weigh significantly less than a good lean hamburger after it is cooked. With A&W using grass fed beef (at least here in Canada) there is not as much shrinkage as in some other burgers made if corn fed beef.

Reply to
Clare Snyder