OT: 4K TV Shows-- NOT

So I bought this brand new nice big-screen 4K UHD television set.

But the only 4K TV content I've found is Fox's World Cup coverage. Cool. Too bad there's only maybe 137 people in the US who care about soccer!

There is a little streaming 4K stuff-- but why are TV retailers screaming "4K 4K 4K Ultra High Def" when there ain't hardly anything to watch?

Reply to
Wade Garrett

Scott Lurndal

What they do not tell you is that the TV stations are alloted so much bandwidth. They can produce say one 4K signal or several lower resulation signals for more advertising money.

Cable is similar.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Netflix has the most 4K titles: at least 1140 by recent count Disney+: 800 Amazon Prime Video: at least 720

Then it drops off sharply among HBO Max, Paramount+, Peacock, Hulu, and Apple TV+.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

On Wed, 14 Dec 2022 13:15:39 -0500, Wade Garrett posted for all of us to digest...

Uh, money? Up-sell, just like a car dealer.

Reply to
Hiram T Schwantz

There are plenty of 4K blu-ray discs around. And they look very nice on a good 4k set. Even the recent 75th anniversary 4K blu-ray for Casablanca looks wonderful, but the 4K Top Gun Maverick is spectacular. And with blu-ray you get far better sound than most streaming services provide.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal