OT: 1A2 KSUs

Anyone have any info or good links to 1A2 KSU wiring info?

I've decided that it's time to have the phone system I've always wanted in my house......

Any info/links appreciated.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

GOOGLE: 1A2 + KSU

Might be info on:

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Pretty simple stuff - which KSU 400D?

Reply to
NewsReader

I use the AT&T / Lucent Merlin system....a 410 in the house and another in the shop.

The KSU and phones are pretty cheap on ebay and the wiring is the same as running cat5.

IMO, the 410 is a probly the best size for most residences.....as most homes wont need more than 10 extensions, and with 4 CO ports you can run 2 land lines from the telco and still have a coupla spares left that you can use to operate an overhead / talkback paging system as well as a security gate or somesuch.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

I won the bid on an ITT 1A2 KSU this afternoon, and as it's a particular model of an ITT KSU - power supply, interrupter and ring current are built in.

It also comes with 5 K400E cards.

Now, to win a bid of a 1A2 Keyset station or 2, about 30' of 2 x 25 cable; some punchdown blocks (maybe, I dont think I need em for my application).

Also, have gotten LOTS of help on how to put all this stuff together.

Thanks all.

Matt

Reply to
Matt