Origional French Drain

All, I have been having water problems under one side of my home. After digging I have found a French Drain that has failed. It has a low area where all the water is ending up then seeping into the concrete foundation block and traveling around the home. The problem is I am not sure where it ends. Does anyone have any easy ways to find out where it may end? Any way I can follow it under the ground?

Thanks

Reply to
Burhans

Call a utility locate service. Good luck.

-Dave

Reply to
Dave

Not being a smartass here.

It must run down hill from where you found it or to a drywell (which I doubt). The natural order of things.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

"Colbyt" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

And they don't last forever without maintenance. Also the natural order of things.

Get that shovel busy.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

If you are willing to spend some money, Rotor rooter should have the equipment to follow it underground.

Reply to
Art

Good advice, but I'd suggest phoning several plumbing-oriented companies and getting estimates. Roto-Rooter may not be the most economical.

Reply to
Gideon

They problem with following French drains is that that keep surrendering, and that slows things down.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Shouldn't it be called a Freedom Drain?

Dimitri